BTC Alerts brings you groundbreaking Bitcoin news and storytelling with Original articles and news updates from the best and brightest news sites in the industry such as Cointelegraph, Coindesk, Bitcoin news, Blockchain.com Ethereum world news and Coinbase, all on one website.
You can now say goodbye to browsing several different sites to get the best crypto news updates and enjoy fantastic varied news sources all in the same place.
We also have an online clothing store The Blockchain clothing company specialises in selling high quality crypto themes clothing.
Our goal is to help the adoption of cryptocurrencies by creating great looking crypto themed clothing which looks great.
View a large range of Bitcoin news, industry news or updates on your favourite coins with BTC Alerts.
- Apple updates iOS to fix crypto wallet security vulnerabilities
Coinbase’s head engineer is warning iOS users to update their mobile devices as soon as possible.
- Following in Grayscale's footsteps, new Bitcoin trust goes public in Canada
The investment firm said it had no plans to sell shares of its Bitcoin trust in the U.S.
- Bitcoin price drops under $30K as 'moment of truth' arrives, says trader
Bitcoin price action mimics recent lows, but traders are all focused on GameStop and the power of crowd investment.
- Bitmain's Antminer says Bitcoin rig sales won’t be affected by CEO departure
After corporate infighting temporarily halted chip shipments in 2020, Bitmain's Antminer team says business will resume as normal following former CEO Jihan Wu's departure.
- Top Ethereum conference Devcon is delayed again
The Ethereum Foundation decided to hold off on the major Ethereum event in Bogota without announcing a new date.
- Former Bitspark CEO George Harrap Joins Crypto PR Firm as Head of DeFi
"I've been around crypto for a decade now and DeFi has me as excited as when I mined my first bitcoin," Harrap told CoinDesk.
- Silver Lake Co-Founder Tells Davos Cash Is Used Far More in Crime Than Bitcoin
Glenn Hutchins said up to 90% of $100 bills are "used for organized crime and tax evasion."
- South African Regulator Seeks More Crypto Powers After Alleged Ponzi Schemer’s Collapse
“At the point something becomes a Ponzi scheme, we have lost our jurisdiction,” a regulator told Bloomberg.
- First Mover: Risks Nobody’s Ever Seen, From the Fed to Tether (and GameStop)
Risks surrounding tether have been known for years, but they're commanding fresh attention as the amount outstanding swells to $25B.
- Crypto Exchange 2gether Says It Can’t Fully Reimburse 9% of Users After 2020 Hack
After a successful fundraising effort, the company said it can now reimburse most, but not all users.
- ‘Pomp’ Launches Crypto Jobs Board With Gemini, Coinbase and BlockFi
Morgan Creek’s Anthony Pompliano aims to list 10,000 openings by the end of the year.
- Research Proves Recent Transfers of 8,000 Ten-Year-Old ‘Forgotten Bitcoins’ Were Sold to Coinbase
For months now our newsdesk has followed the tracks of a mysterious whale from 2010, a miner who not only mined thousands of bitcoin back in the day, but has also spent over 8,000 bitcoin during the past ten months. This week, the Russian blockchain researcher, Issak Shvarts published a report about the decade-old block
- Former UK Cyber Intelligence Official Pushes for Law Change to Stop Bitcoin Ransomware Payments
A former U.K. cybersecurity chief has raised concerns that ransomware incidents are close to “getting out of control.” Ciaran Martin has also called for laws to prevent people from paying bitcoin to cybercriminals. Former Official Claims Most of the Cybercriminals Are Based in Russia During an interview with The Guardian, Martin, who was the head
- Spanish Crypto Exchange 2gether Won’t Reimburse All Stolen Funds From the 2020 Hack
Spanish cryptocurrency exchange 2gether has announced that it won’t compensate users for the full amount of bitcoin (BTC) and ether (ETH) stolen in August 2020. The exchange said that almost 5,000 of its customers will receive their cryptos under the compensation plan. Company Asks 9% of Its Users for More Time to Gather the Remaining
More news sources
Further up to date news stories from your favourite crypto news sources – Don’t forget to signup up to our newsletter and join us on social media for the most up to date news stories
- The Long(er) road to Devcon [ENG/ESP]
Friends, In the time since the last Devcon announcement, the state of the Ethereum ecosystem has been electric. We’ve realized critical milestones on the Eth2 roadmap, as well as countless breakthroughs and major progress by teams across the ecosystem. We are incredibly excited to celebrate these achievements with all of...
- The State of Eth2, Jan 2021 [ENG/普通话]
At the start of December, the Ethereum community bootstrapped the new beacon chain proof-of-stake consensus mechanism – the foundation of Ethereum’s long-term and sustainable home. The launch was a resounding success, and the operation of the beacon chain has proved, thus far, stable and robust. As I write these words,...
- Grantee Roundup December 2020
We’re here with our last hurrah before we head into 2021 - read on for the latest news on a few grantees! Gitcoin for CLR matching Gitcoin’s CLR grants were one of the first real-world uses of quadratic funding, with the number of unique contributors to a grant carrying greater...
- Ethereum.org Translation Program: Milestones and Updates
We hope that you are all excited for the upcoming year-end holidays. Today, we’ve got some exciting new changes to announce for Ethereum.org’s Translation Program and some milestones to celebrate. To start, we can’t thank you enough for all of your support this year. Thanks to you we’ve been able...
- Validated, staking on eth2: #6 - Perfect is the enemy of the good
T'was the day before genesis, when all was prepared, geth was in sync, my beacon node paired. Firewalls configured, VLANs galore, hours of preparation meant nothing ignored. Then all at once everything went awry, the SSD in my system decided to die. My configs were gone, chain data was history,...
- EF-Supported Teams: Research & Development Update
2020 Pt. 2 - Friends, Leaves have fallen for those in the global north, Summer is on the way in the south, and ETH is staked across the globe. The jolliest of holidays has arrived, the birth of the beacon chain. Moreover, incredible progress has been made in recent months by all EF supported...
Ethereum World News
- Pantera Capital CEO: Bitcoin (BTC) Could Hit $115k after Halving
Quick take: Bitcoin (BTC) has once again reclaimed $9,000 with 5 days until halving. Pantera Capital’s CEO, Dan Morehead, sees a scenario where BTC hits $115,212 by August 2021. His analysis is based on the change in the stock-to-flow ratio across each halving. The hype and excitement surrounding the Bitcoin halving event is once again evident in the current price of BTC. At the time of writing this, Bitcoin has just broken both the $9,000 and $9,100 resistance levels and
- BitTorrent (BTT) Throws Another Jab at Filecoin (FIL)
In brief: In a recent tweet, the team at BitTorrent (BTT) has highlighted why the BTFS file system is better than Filecoin (FIL). The teams behind both projects have been throwing jabs at each other ranging from accusations of plagiarism and going as far as claiming the other is ‘vaporware’. Filecoin’s (FIL) Mainnet is set to be launched between mid-July and mid-August. In a recent tweet, the team at BitTorrent (BTT) highlighted why its BTFS file system is better than
- Robinhood Secures $280M in Series F Funding, Plans to Expand Globally
In brief: Robinhood has secured $280 Million Series F funding after an $8.3 Billion valuation. The funding will drive a push to expand the platform globally. Robinhood also plans on scaling the platform and offering more products to users. The team at the popular trading platform of Robinhood has announced that the firm has secured $280 Million series F funding after an $8.3 Billion valuation. The round of funding was lead by Sequoia Capital which is an existing investor of
- Coinbase requests rulemaking pause from FinCEN following Biden White House guidance to agencies
- How Coinbase ran its first 100+ person online “offsite”
- Coinbase to acquire leading blockchain infrastructure platform, Bison Trails
- Committing to better customer service during this time of heightened interest in the cryptoeconomy
- Introducing Coinbase Asset Hub, our open invitation to asset issuers
- Addressing recent customer experience issues for some UK and EU users
- Full Incident Post Mortem: January 6–7, 2021
- Payment services in Bazel monorepo
BTC Alerts provides current industry news to a wide audience.
If you would like to feature an article for your company or project you can contact us and we will review your details and come back to you with more information.
Follow us on social media for the latest updates and join our newsletter for updates on the latest BTC Alerts news and site feature announcements.
As well asour website we also share up to date news on our social media channels – join us now to stay up to date with the lates news from BTCAlerts.org